This course is at capacity. If you would like to go on our cancellation list please email [email protected]
The objective of the course is to enable participants to become proficient and confident in the administration of Relative Analgesia in clinical practice and provide an efficient introduction to dental Relative Analgesia. The courses are also an excellent refresher for dentists wishing to update their theoretical and practical skills in the delivery of Relative Analgesia. Participants will be given the opportunity to administer nitrous oxide-oxygen sedation to each other, and to experience for themselves the effects of RA in a safe environment.
The ADA and our presenters will adhere to any COVID-19 restrictions in place to ensure the safety of participants attending this course. Each participant will use a separate autoclavable circuit.
We value the opportunity in these challenging times to educate dentists on nitrous oxide training/sedation. Our facilitators for this course are Dr Michael Walker and Dr Angelo Preketes. Dr Walker (BDS, FPFA) has previously provided training in Singapore, New Zealand and around Australia. He is a past President of ASDA, current Treasurer and is the University of Sydney lecturer for Diploma students in intravenous sedation and is the senior clinical associate and external examiner in intravenous sedation. He teaches dentists from across Australia the skills required for sedation dentistry. Dr Angelo Preketes, BDS, GradDipClinDentx2 (implants and sedation) is a Lecturer and Mentor at the University of Sydney and a Private Practitioner.
Course compliant with section 4 of DBA Guidelines on CPD.
Cost to attend:
ADASA member dentists - $1100pp
Non members - $1650pp
When: Saturday 6 August 2022
Time: 9am - 5pm, registration available from 8.45am. Lunch and refreshments will be provided.
This course will offer approximately 6.5 CPD hours and is for dentists only. If you are not a member and wish to attend please email Sally Queale at [email protected]
If you are an ADA member from interstate wishing to attend, please email [email protected] and please include your ADA state branch ID number.
If you are feeling unwell, have a sore throat, fever or cough on the day please do not attend.
Terms and Conditions of Registration
- Registration for events can be cancelled seven (7) days prior to the event for a full refund.
- No refund will be available for cancellation within the seven (7) day period.
- Persons may substitute attendees at any time. We reserve the right to charge an additional gap fee should the Membership status of the substitute vary to that of the original registrant.
- If you are cancelling due to illness, within 7 days of the event, please contact the office on 08 8272 8111 or email [email protected]
- It is the responsibility of the registrant to ensure all registration details are correct – the appropriate fees are paid – and all dietary requirements are completed where required.
- A registration is only fully valid once payment has been received.
- Unpaid registrations may be cancelled, and places offered to other Members, if the registration is not paid in full seven (7) days prior to the event.
Thank you to Air Liquide for providing the equipment.
- Photographs are occasionally taken of events for the purpose of promotion of future events. This registration grants us permission to use any images taken.
- Registrants who do not wish their image to be taken must notify our Event Coordinator immediately prior to the commencement of the event on the day.