Presented by HR Assured, the providers of ADA’s highly regarded HR Hotline which answers thousands of HR queries for ADA members every year.
Speaker: Tiarne Mitchell, Senior Workplace Relations Consultant
Tiarne is a Senior Workplace Relations Consultant at FCB Group and HR Assured. She regularly provides advice to a wide range of businesses in respect of compliance with workplace laws and managing complex matters including disciplinary and performance management processes and terminations.”
2021 was a challenging year for all dental practitioners and we will see some further workplace related changes in 2022. Join HR Assured as we take you through the main issues that have been recently affecting the ADA member base, as well as the changes and challenges ahead of us this year.
This presentation will discuss:
• The difference between independent contractors and full time, part time or casual employment - understanding perspectives while negotiating contracts with workers.
• The process for effective management of the performance of an employee to achieve engagement and required performance outcomes, as well as what to do if performance management is unsuccessful.
• The recent legislative changes surrounding employer obligations to convert casual employment to permanent employment – what are they - when does it apply.
• The recent amendments to the list of professionals within the Health Professionals and Support Services Award 2020 – how does this affect dental practices.
• COVID-19 vaccinations: Managing employee understanding and employer expectations surrounding vaccinations.
Practice Mangers of Members are welcome to attend if their Member is unable to.
Cost to attend:
Member dentist- $30
Member dentist + practice manager - $40
Practice manger (working for a member dentist) - $30
When: Thursday 30 June 2022
Where: The Alexander Room, 62 King William Road Goodwood SA
Time: 4.30pm - 7.30pm. Drinks and finger food will be provided
This is a ADA member only event. Queries please email [email protected]
Terms and Conditions of Registration
- Registration for events can be cancelled seven (7) days prior to the event for a full refund.
- No refund will be available for cancellation within the seven (7) day period.
- Persons may substitute attendees at any time. We reserve the right to charge an additional gap fee should the Membership status of the substitute vary to that of the original registrant.
- It is the responsibility of the registrant to ensure all registration details are correct – the appropriate fees are paid – and all dietary requirements are completed where required.
- A registration is only fully valid once payment has been received.
- Unpaid registrations may be cancelled, and places offered to other Members, if the registration is not paid in full seven (7) days prior to the event.
- Photographs are occasionally taken of events for the purpose of promotion of future events. This registration grants us permission to use any images taken.
- Registrants who do not wish their image to be taken must notify our Event Coordinator immediately prior to the commencement of the event on the day.