The management of emergencies and the techniques for resuscitation change from time to time. Dentists should ensure they remain current. Regular "hands on" training is recommended for dentists and their staff.
(ADA Inc Policy Statement 6.25).
This CPR course (code 913341) provides the knowledge and skills required to maintain life in an unconscious patient until medical help arrives. Course duration: 1.30pm - 4.30pm.
- DRSABCD Action Plan
- Management of the unconscious breathing patient
- Management of the unconscious non-breathing patient casualty, using Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) on an adult and infant; and the use of an Automated External Defibrillator (AED)
- Legal issues & infection control
- Managing a choking casualty
A statement of attainment is issued on successful completion of this course for the following unit: HLTAID009 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation
Please note: It is an assessment requirement of this course that the participant be able to competently perform 2 minutes of continuous adult CPR on the floor.
- Training materials provided:
- Personal protective equipment (for use in the course)
- St John " Basic Life Support " publication
Please note due to a recent government initiative, you will also need to provide St John with a Unique Student Identifier - USI
This will ensure you receive your certificate at the end of the course and your results added to the national database.
Its easy to do and you only need to do it once. Log onto the Department of Industry's USI website at: https://www.usi.gov.au/
Prior to attending the course, you will receive an enrolement form which is to be completed and returned to St John Australia.
Time 1.30pm - 4.30pm. Please arrive at least 15 minutes before the start time to complete paperwork.
This event is for dentists members and their staff. Please login to register.
Cost to attend $60pp
Queries please contact Sally Queale at ADASA on 8272 8111 or email [email protected]
If you wish to register multiple staff members please contact Sally.
If you are feeling unwell, have a sore throat, fever or cough on the day please do not attend.
Terms and Conditions of Registration
- Registration for events can be cancelled seven (7) days prior to the event for a full refund.
- No refund will be available for cancellation within the seven (7) day period.
- Persons may substitute attendees at any time. We reserve the right to charge an additional gap fee should the Membership status of the substitute vary to that of the original registrant.
- It is the responsibility of the registrant to ensure all registration details are correct – the appropriate fees are paid – and all dietary requirements are completed where required.
- A registration is only fully valid once payment has been received.
- Unpaid registrations may be cancelled, and places offered to other Members, if the registration is not paid in full seven (7) days prior to the event.
- Photographs are occasionally taken of events for the purpose of promotion of future events. This registration grants us permission to use any images taken.
- Registrants who do not wish their image to be taken must notify our Event Coordinator immediately prior to the commencement of the event on the day.