The management of emergencies and the techniques for resuscitation change from time to time. Dentists should ensure they remain current. Regular "hands on" training is recommended for dentists and their staff.
(ADA Inc Policy Statement 6.25).
This CPR course (HLTAID001) provides the knowledge and skills required to maintain life in an unconscious patient until medical help arrives. Course duration: 1.30pm - 4.30pm.
- DRSABCD Action Plan
- Management of the unconscious breathing patient
- Management of the unconscious non-breathing patient casualty, using Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) on an adult and infant; and the use of an Automated External Defibrillator (AED)
- Legal issues & infection control
- Managing a choking casualty
A statement of attainment is issued on successful completion of this course for the following unit: HLTAID001 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation
Please note: It is an assessment requirement of this course that the participant be able to competently perform 2 minutes of continuous adult CPR on the floor.
- Training materials provided:
- Personal protective equipment (for use in the course)
- St John " Basic Life Support " publication
Please note due to a recent government initiative, you will also need to provide St John with a Unique Student Identifier - USI
This will ensure you receive your certificate at the end of the course and your results added to the national database.
Its easy to do and you only need to do it once. Log onto the Department of Industry's USI website at: https://www.usi.gov.au/
Prior to attending the course, you will receive an enrolement form which is to be completed and returned to St John Australia.
Time: 1.30pm - 4.30pm
Cost to attend: $60pp
Please arrive at least 15 minutes before the start time to complete paperwork. Courses are limited to a maximum of 18 people.
These courses are for ADASA dentists members and their staff. If you wish to register multiple staff members please contact Sally.
Queries please contact Sally Queale at ADASA on 8272 8111 or email firstname.lastname@example.org