Every workplace poses its challenges and it's not uncommon for communication to be the root cause of organisational hurdles. We all have days where no matter how hard we try, we just can't get our point across to staff, colleagues or patients and this can be extremely frustrating.
Brendan Hocking of Building Better People helps to instill confidence in you to communicate clearly and effectively with others, not just professionally, but in any scenario. No longer will you have to deal with anxiety during those tough conversations and will have the tools to appropriately assert yourself without fear of ridicule!
This program is highly interactive, providing information that will allow you to understand how people think.
- Defining effective Communication
- The Communication Cycle
- Barriers to Effective Communication
- Components of Communication
- The Ladder of Inference
- Ten steps to be Assertive
- Your Communication Style
- The ABCD’S of Receiving Feedback
- Communication Hierarchy
Presented by Brendan Hocking, Director and Principal, Building Better People.
When: Wednesday 26 October 2022 (NEW rescheduled date).
Where: The Alexander Room, 62 King William Road, Goodwood SA
Time: 6pm for 6:30pm start - 8.30pm. Light refreshments will be served.
Cost to attend for Members and their staff:
1 ticket @ $30
2 tickets @ $50
3 tickets @ $70
4 tickets @ $80
5 tickets @ $90
6 tickets @ $100
10 tickets @$150
Non-member cost - $80pp
CPD = 1.5 hours (approx.)
If you have any queries or are unable to attend on the new date for this presentation please contact Sally at [email protected] or call 8272 8111.
If you are feeling unwell on the day please do not attend.
Terms and Conditions of Registration
- Registration for events can be cancelled seven (7) days prior to the event for a full refund.
- No refund will be available for cancellation within the seven (7) day period.
- Persons may substitute attendees at any time. We reserve the right to charge an additional gap fee should the Membership status of the substitute vary to that of the original registrant.
- If you are cancelling due to illness, within 7 days of the event, please contact the office on 08 8272 8111 or email [email protected]
- It is the responsibility of the registrant to ensure all registration details are correct – the appropriate fees are paid – and all dietary requirements are completed where required.
- A registration is only fully valid once payment has been received.
- Unpaid registrations may be cancelled, and places offered to other Members, if the registration is not paid in full seven (7) days prior to the event.
- Photographs are occasionally taken of events for the purpose of promotion of future events. This registration grants us permission to use any images taken.
- Registrants who do not wish their image to be taken must notify our Event Coordinator immediately prior to the commencement of the event on the day.