THIS COURSE IS NOW FULL
Time: 1.30pm - 4.30pm
This CPR course provides the knowledge and skills required to maintain life in an unconscious patient until medical help arrives. Course duration: 3 hours
- DRSABCD Action Plan
- Management of the unconscious breathing patient
- Management of the unconscious non-breathing patient casualty, using Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) on an adult and infant; and the use of an Automated External Defibrillator (AED)
- Legal issues & infection control
- Managing a choking casualty
A statement of attainment is issued on successful completion of this course for the following unit: HLTAID001 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation
Please note: It is an assessment requirement of this course that the participant be able to competently perform 2 minutes of continuous adult CPR on the floor.
- Training materials provided:
- Personal protective equipment (for use in the course)
- St John " Basic Life Support " publication
Please note due to a recent government initiative, you will also need to provide St John with a Unique Student Identifier - USI
This will ensure you receive your certificate at the end of the course and your results added to the national database.
Its easy to do and you only need to do it once. Log onto the Department of Industry's USI website at:
Prior to attending the course, you will receive an enrolement form which is to be completed and returned to St John Australia.
Please arrive at least 15 minutes before the start time to complete paperwork.
Member only event. Please login to register.
Cost to attend $60pp
Queries please contact Sally Queale at ADASA on 08 8272 8111 or email email@example.com